There are countless instances of commentators and pundits ‘overhyping’ young talent after a handful of consecutive wins or a fluke victory over a legend of the game. However the furore around 19 year old Spaniard Carlos Alcaraz seems to a rare case of when it’s wholly justified.
He faces a competent opponent in the form of Dusan Lajovic for this third round encounter – yet is given an implied win probability of approximately 96.2% (calculated based on odds 1.04). In this article the Tennis Tips UK analysts consider where the value bets may be for Alcaraz v Lajovic.
Did you know? You can access over 20 profitable tipsters with a single subscription.
Alcaraz: Career Highlights (So Far…)
Carlos Alcaraz is a rising tennis star from Spain who has already achieved many remarkable feats in his young career. Here are some of the highlights of his career so far:
- Youngest ATP 250 semifinalist: In 2020, at the age of 17, Alcaraz became the youngest ATP 250 semifinalist in over a decade when he reached the semis of the Rio Open.
- First ATP Challenger title: In August 2020, Alcaraz won his first ATP Challenger title in Trieste, Italy. He became the fifth-youngest player to win an ATP Challenger title in the Open Era.
- Roland Garros debut: In 2020, Alcaraz made his debut at the French Open and won his first-ever Grand Slam match against Adrian Mannarino in straight sets.
- Australian Open debut: In 2021, Alcaraz made his Australian Open debut and won his first-round match against Botic Van de Zandschulp.
- First ATP final: In February 2021, Alcaraz reached his first ATP final at the Chile Open, where he defeated top seed and world No. 14 Diego Schwartzman in the quarterfinals.
- Top 100 debut: In March 2021, Alcaraz broke into the top 100 of the ATP rankings for the first time. He reached a career-high ranking of No. 38 in October 2021.
- ATP Next Gen Finals: Alcaraz qualified for the ATP Next Gen Finals in 2021, where he reached the semifinals before losing to eventual champion Jannik Sinner.
Overall, Alcaraz’s career may still be in its infancy but has already been marked by consistent success, impressive performances against top players, and a bright future ahead.
How does Dusan Lajovic Compare?
Dusan Lajovic and Carlos Alcaraz are both talented tennis players, but they have different levels of experience and skill sets. Lajovic is a seasoned professional who has been on the ATP tour for many years and has achieved some significant results, including reaching the final of the Monte Carlo Masters in 2019. Alcaraz, on the other hand, is a rising star who is still in the early stages of his career but has already shown a lot of promise with his impressive performances and results.
If the two players were to face each other in a match, it is difficult to predict the outcome with certainty, as it would depend on many factors such as their form, fitness, and strategy. Lajovic is a solid all-around player with a good serve and strong groundstrokes, and he is known for his defensive skills and ability to grind out tough matches. Alcaraz, on the other hand, is a young and dynamic player who is very aggressive on the court and has a powerful forehand and good movement.
In general, Lajovic may have the edge in terms of experience and consistency, while Alcaraz has the potential to produce some spectacular shots and surprise his opponents with his fearless approach. However, it should be noted that tennis is a highly unpredictable sport, and anything can happen on any given day.
Alcaraz v Lajovic Value Bets
- Dusan Lajovic (Match Winner) @ 20.00+
- Over 18.5 (Total Games) @ 2.05+
- Over 2.5 (Total Sets) @ 6.00+
Tennis Tips UK operate an exclusive network of tipsters who currently have a Return on Investment (ROI) in excess of 100% for tracked results. £10 stakes have returned over £270 profit so far. This is from fixed flat staking of a single unit per wager and all odds are sourced from a bookmaker that doesn’t limit winners. Find out more about the community.
🎾 Tennis Tips UK Membership: Why Join?
Over the years our team have analysed countless tennis tipster services - we offer all those that impress against our strict criteria a place in our program. Essentially we act as a middle man. Members subscribe to receive their email tips and we share the subscription revenue with those tipsters that deliver the highest profit each month for subscribers. That way members get to benefit from multiple vetted tipsters with a single subscription plan. This service is called the ‘VIP Club’ and costs $99.99 per month.
- Receive email tips stating the advised match, specific bet and stake size
- Benefit from the insight of the best tipsters we’ve sourced since 2013
- Cancel anytime - there are no contracts or commitments.
- Average of 2-3 bets per week sent direct to your inbox
- Member staking $10 per unit would have profited $7540
Alternative: Free Membership Plan
We are constantly trying to gather feedback of tipster services across the web. If you are willing to sign up for one of these and provide some basic feedback about what you liked and/or disliked then we’ll give you VIP Club membership for free instead of the usual $99.99 charge.
How to Redeem: Valid December 2023
2.) Send us a message confirming the email address you signed up with. By using the link above we can track your registration and ensure all feedback gathered is from genuine customers of the service.
3.) You’ll be added to the VIP Club mailing list. Please forward any feedback you have by replying to email messages containing the tips. Please check your junk folder. You are free to cancel at any time.